Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12423 Posts

Posted - 12 June 2018 :  08:56:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

This could apply to any potential PPI claim that existed when you signed your last trust deed.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

jojo93
Frequent Contributor

34 Posts

Posted - 12 June 2018 :  10:07:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spoke to my old trust deed firm today I was told they will not be reopening Old trust deeds like mine even if mond wins his case I feel a lot happier now knowing that the person I first spoke to gave me the wrong information it seems to be which trustee your with reopening would bring slot of uncertainty
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Regular Contributor

23 Posts

Posted - 12 June 2018 :  12:42:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems so unfair some re open some don't
Go to Top of Page

jojo93
Frequent Contributor

34 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2018 :  07:39:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The trustee did say if I was to put in a claim for ppi and they came aware of this then they would reopen my trust deed which is why I am not claiming ppi it is ain't the money I just don't want my trust deed reopened after all this time and my name in ROI again my trust deed is done and dusted
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Regular Contributor

23 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2018 :  07:55:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Problem is. U need not apply. Banks are apparently forced to redress and are sending out payments without the need to apply
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Regular Contributor

23 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2018 :  08:00:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hoping the courts consider most of ppi payments would go to former trustee and court fees etc so creditor will not receive much funds to me it's not about the trustee re paying creditors it's about their cut in the money. And after over 10 years it's awful I think
Go to Top of Page

jojo93
Frequent Contributor

34 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2018 :  08:51:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree after 10 years it should not be allowed you can get your say in court but alot of people cant afford solicitors
Go to Top of Page

jojo93
Frequent Contributor

34 Posts

Posted - 14 June 2018 :  14:18:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was in a trust deed from 1999 to 2002 the trustee said a few years ago that all records of my trust deed was destroyed if they became aware of ppi could they reopen it
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12423 Posts

Posted - 14 June 2018 :  14:43:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing is jojo93, we don't know any more than you do about:

1 - Whether Mond wins his case

2 - What other trustees do if Mond wins his case

Hard to see how you could reopen something about which you have no records though?

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Swandog
Contributor

10 Posts

Posted - 14 June 2018 :  15:01:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As your Trust Deed was concluded and closed so long ago jojo93 I donít think your Trustee would still hold any records or paperwork and therefore I think that it would be very difficult to re-open it for PPI.

Everyone is in limbo at the moment waiting on the outcome of the case.

Go to Top of Page

jojo93
Frequent Contributor

34 Posts

Posted - 14 June 2018 :  15:21:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for getting back tda I think everybody in. The same boat I think it would be hard if they don't have any records of list of creditors ll
Go to Top of Page

jojo93
Frequent Contributor

34 Posts

Posted - 14 June 2018 :  15:51:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do I need to apply directly to the banks to claim ppi or do the banks automatically send out claims
Go to Top of Page

Swandog
Contributor

10 Posts

Posted - 14 June 2018 :  16:57:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can enquire about PPI via the moneysavingexpert website. I'm sure they have a free tool that you can use to look into it. I think this is called "Resolver". have a look into that.
Go to Top of Page

jojo93
Frequent Contributor

34 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2018 :  08:17:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how could a trustee make a payment to a debt which is written off after 5 years i mean prescription act could the creditors start chasing you for the debt again old trust deeds like mine should not be reopened
Go to Top of Page

ramona11
Contributor

13 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2018 :  15:01:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My old trustee still had details of my trustdeed and accounts from over 9 years ago so who knows how long they hold on to information.

I used the resolver tool a few times to apply for PPI and have had two offers of compenstation for about £6 and £11 respectively for cards I hardly used so I think the amounts are fair. I am still waiting on results from banks where larger sums are involved and haven't heard about accounts that were included in my trustdeed.

If you are thinking of complaining and you don't have any documentation it might be worth sending a SAR to see what information the bank holds on you then you will have more information to make your complaint. It is now free to send a SAR where it used to cost £10.

Edited by - ramona11 on 15 June 2018 15:02:43
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.