26 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2018 :  17:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Friels solicitors
Go to Top of Page

Sazlil@hotmail.co.uk
Contributor

7 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2018 :  17:37:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ,I am in the same situation ,I phoned RBS for an update on the 1st and was told it is with their legal team,and I should have an update soon.
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Frequent Contributor

40 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2018 :  18:37:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angiebabes . Got some info if you send your email to lukecg@aol.com . Might help you .my last letter from rbs said they are reviewing there position

Colin luke
Go to Top of Page

Sazlil@hotmail.co.uk
Contributor

7 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2018 :  07:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,I am new to the forum,been waiting on payout/offset PPI decision, any guidance or experience re this would be appreciated.Thank you.

Sarah Bakani
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12692 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2018 :  09:07:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sarah,

As it stands we understand RBS is not paying out PPI where they consider there is an old debt that they can set it off against.

There's plenty of opinion about the rights/wrongs/legality of this situation written in this forum, but that's the reality of where this is just now.

It could easily change in the future.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Sazlil@hotmail.co.uk
Contributor

7 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2018 :  09:11:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much for your reply, I get told different things every time I phone RBS. I will just have to wait and see.

Sarah Bakani
Go to Top of Page

contoboy
Frequent Contributor

26 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2018 :  09:12:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sarah, unfortunately like everyone else who are dealing with RBS they are a nightmare. They lost a case regarding offset in January 2017( Donnelly v RBS) however, continued to use offset. Recent Supreme Court ruling ( Davison v Mond) appears to have had some effect on them and they are taking legal advice. Colin Luke, who is on this forum seems to have a better grasp on RBS as where I, like most am going through the motions with RBS having had my payout delayed.
Go to Top of Page

Sazlil@hotmail.co.uk
Contributor

7 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2018 :  09:16:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Contoboy, thanks for reply ,yes same as me ,last time I phoned they told me it was now with their legal team waiting on a decision. I phone alot.

Sarah Bakani
Go to Top of Page

jongers1
Contributor

10 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2018 :  15:53:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I called them today and was again advised to sign the acceptance forms, I asked would it be offset and the lady said that it would, I mentioned the donnelly case and the lady still stated the bank were entitled to the money!

jongers1
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

29 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2018 :  06:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Surely it's too late for RBS to submit an appeal and challenge the Donnely v RBS case?
Does anyone know if Donnelly has actuly received the monies owned from RBS yet or is RBS still refusing to pay out dispite the court ruling.
Go to Top of Page

contoboy
Frequent Contributor

26 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2018 :  09:52:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You usually have 21 days to appeal against a county court or High Court decision, or 28 days if itís an Upper Tribunal decision. In some cases there is a 7 day time limit for appealing.
Obviously that is in England ( hence county court) but I am sure it is similar in Scotland. They can also ask for the sheriffs verdict to be recalled however, if they did that then they canít appeal ( thatís what Iím taking from the court website) again though this has got to be done within a timescale.
Go to Top of Page

contoboy
Frequent Contributor

26 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2018 :  11:34:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Text message from RBS today. As you can see they are pressing ahead with offset. I am just about to threaten them with legal action and give them 7 days to resolve this issue.

We are currently unable to process payment on your complaint at this time. For a small number of cases we are required to undertake further checks relating to arrears and insolvency before making payment. We are currently sourcing this additional information, and will contact you in due course. We apologise for the delay. Please note, no further action is required from you at this time and any additional interest/premiums will be calculated up to the date of payment.
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

29 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2018 :  17:00:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your right Contoboy about the timescales to appeal or challenge thats why I can't understand RBS stating there are going to now challenge the court ruling with the Donnelly v RBS case.
Received sane text few months ago then letter stating full off set being done. I've sent letter of complaint but awaiting reply as yet
Go to Top of Page

HighFive
Frequent Contributor

38 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2018 :  22:01:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My ex trustees have finally agreed to release my withheld PPI from February 2016 this week. Funnily enough only 48 hours after I made a formal complaint to the regulator! Money should be in next week
Go to Top of Page

sophie
Regular Contributor

22 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2018 :  08:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, who did you make the complaint to and how did you do it?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.