Go to Top of Page

delpy8
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2018 :  15:24:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by TDA (Debt Adviser)[/i]
[br]Hi delpy8.

I'm not 100% sure how Resolver works, but have you made a formal complaint to Capital One?

Financial institutions have to deal with formal complaints within tight timescales, and you'd have access to the Financial Ombudsman to deal with this if they didn't do so (or if you didn't agree with their final decision).

Hi I have contacted Capital one on three occasions with a letter and copies of my form 5 and heard nothing back. This was to the complaints department
Go to Top of Page

delpy8
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2018 :  15:28:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It might be an equifax issue? As I have contacted them also as its now showing as closed/settled but still showing as a defalut on my credit file so maybe a timing thing again
Go to Top of Page

delpy8
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2018 :  16:51:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys
I received a reply from equifax as per below so even more confused as to why it shows as a negative on my account after its been settled, No other account under the trust deed shows this way I'm even getting credit card offers from Capital One??

We acknowledge your concern regarding the above, upon checking our database we can confirm that your Capital One account is marked as settled with nil balance.

Please be advised that part of Clearscore service is giving you what are the positive and negative comments on the report. The commentary section suggest negatively about this account due to it's payment history. We apologize but we cannot remove or alter this information.

I hope you find this useful. If thereís anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Kind regards

Equifax Customer Services
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3580 Posts

Posted - 01 March 2018 :  12:03:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you are getting mixed up between an account being "in default" and a default notice being visible on your credit record.

Judging from your reply from the credit reference agency, the account with Capital One is no longer "in default", which is correct.

However, the fact that the account did default at some point in the last 6 years will still show - your credit file is a record of whatever has happened in the last 6 years, including any default notices during that time.

What is the default date that is showing - is it around the same time as your Trust Deed was signed?

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

delpy8
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 01 March 2018 :  13:38:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kevin default date is about the time I started my TD but why is it only capital one that is showing like this

Capital One
£ 541
01/01/2018
Name

Date of birth
##/##/19##
Account type
Credit Card
Account number
**************@@@@@
Account start date
15/08/2007
Repayment frequency
Monthly
Date of default
26/07/2012
Default balance
£ 580
Status history
2018 Jan
DF
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12536 Posts

Posted - 01 March 2018 :  15:07:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi delpy8.

Itís hard to say why itís the only one. Were your other debts in arrears or default for some time before your trust deed began perhaps?

As Iím sure youíre aware, this account will fall off your file in the summer.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3580 Posts

Posted - 01 March 2018 :  16:43:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, it does seem strange that there is a balance of £541 showing. Usually that is changed to zero. I had assumed that was the case given the reply you got from Equifax. Their reply doesn't seem to match what is on the record does it?

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

delpy8
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2018 :  13:20:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kevin it seems that this balance went to zero only on the 05/02/2018 which is not correct this was settled a while back with the rest of my debt,I assume I cannot do anything about getting this corrected as it is showing closed now, Its a shame as I think it might of been detrimental to my credit score :(
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12536 Posts

Posted - 04 March 2018 :  20:45:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can ask for that to be changed delpy8 and I think you have reason to insist on that happening.

It should have been changed when you were discharged.

They have the ability to correct the entry.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

delpy8
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  18:01:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi is it Capital one I contact or equifax
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3580 Posts

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  18:08:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe it is Capital One you would contact.

Go to Top of Page

delpy8
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2018 :  14:44:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All just to let you know my credit file is showing that the Trust deed will come off my file in June, Its been a quick 6 years but I have one concern, All the accounts that I included in the TD are showing a date of Satisfied June 2012 except my creation account, Am I right In saying they should also show June 2012 when I entered into my Trust deed
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12536 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2018 :  15:37:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi delpy8.

I'd expect the date of default notices to be at the start of the trust deed.

I'm not sure I'd expect all of the accounts themselves to show as being satisfied at that date (because they weren't).

Are you saying the other accounts have default notices dated at that time which have now been marked as satisfied?

Is there a default notice marked against the Creation account?

Go to Top of Page

pingpong
Advanced Contributor

124 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2018 :  10:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As long as it is marked as satisfied or partially settled it shouldn't really matter however, the original default date should be the same as the date you signed PTD as then it will fall off 6 years from that date.

So if it is defaulted from June 2012 if should fall off June this year but it must be marked as satisfied partially .... etc.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.