New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jojo93
Advanced Contributor

77 Posts

Posted - 14 October 2018 :  21:03:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know it is easy for me to say this but try and think mond could loose 6 months is a long time to be holding on to your money I know ppi was never mentioned when you did a trust deed 15 years ago so why now
Go to Top of Page

Captain Sensible
Regular Contributor

24 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2018 :  15:23:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Different Trustees are taking different views of the whole situation, so the likelihood is that this won't change, regardless of the outcome of the Mond case. Some Trustees will start applying for reappointment, some won't. I'd say that if you were in a Trust Deed and were paid PPI after discharge, that no one will be coming looking for that money back, it'll probably just be going forward.

There's also the RBS-v-Donnelly case to consider, as each case affects the other in some way. However, as VOR and TDA have already said, it's extremely complex, which is why even the best legal minds in the country are struggling to agree on the correct way forward.
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

140 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2018 :  17:32:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been discharged for 12 years ppi was sent to my morner trustee they wonít pay to me till mond cAse result they make out like itís illegal for them to
Do it ? When obv canít be as many are
Go to Top of Page

Captain Sensible
Regular Contributor

24 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2018 :  17:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's just an example of one Trustee holding a different opinion to another, which they're entitled to do. I wouldn't imagine it would be too long before the Supreme Court decision is announced, then we will all have a clearer picture of where things stand. You can always refer your Trustee to their authorising body, and see what they make of it, if you're unhappy about having to wait for the Mond decision.
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

140 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2018 :  18:30:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Suppose I could. But expect they will take the trustee side on it eh
Go to Top of Page

Baz
Contributor

7 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2018 :  19:41:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a trust deed and been discharged from it now.
Ive PPI from NRAM of over 8K and they've said they're not letting me have it becuase Ive had a trust deed even though Im discharged.
The Trustee are not interested and have wrote to NRAM to say so.
I phoned them and they said they will review when they see the letter trustee sent.
Can NRAM hold the money?
I contacted the Financial Ombudsman and thet are taking the complaint if they dont send me money.
Go to Top of Page

maverick267
Advanced Contributor

134 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2018 :  19:48:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if nvram sent money to trustee maybe just maybe trustee would send onto you ?
however if trustee keeps money it makes u liable to pay ppi reclaim company ?
Go to Top of Page

Baz
Contributor

7 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2018 :  21:22:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No they said they would send it on to them if they wanted it.
I think thry're just going to keep it, Ill have another read of letter again.The guy at the FO said if they dont send me it they will take it up, would have more weight if the trial went our way.
Go to Top of Page

tinsoldier
Advanced Contributor

724 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2018 :  11:08:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Mond loses the Supreme Court case, why would some trustees still seek re-appointment?
Go to Top of Page

np785641d
Regular Contributor

24 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2018 :  11:18:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm really worried now, if you are discharged from a trust deed but 2 years after discharge you get made redundant ? would i need to pay this back ? or does it only apply to ppi
Go to Top of Page

tinsoldier
Advanced Contributor

724 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2018 :  11:22:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by np785641d[/i]
[br]i'm really worried now, if you are discharged from a trust deed but 2 years after discharge you get made redundant ? would i need to pay this back ? or does it only apply to ppi

You would be fine (assuming your trustee is also discharged). The redundancy payment did not exist whilst you were in your TD.
Go to Top of Page

Captain Sensible
Regular Contributor

24 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2018 :  11:23:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry tinsoldier, when I said "regardless of the outcome", what I meant was that if Mond wins, it doesn't necessarily mean that all Trustees will start seeking reappointment. Not all Trustees have the same opinion on the situation now, so I don't think that will change, regardless of the outcome.
Go to Top of Page

tinsoldier
Advanced Contributor

724 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2018 :  11:28:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Captain Sensible[/i]
[br]Sorry tinsoldier, when I said "regardless of the outcome", what I meant was that if Mond wins, it doesn't necessarily mean that all Trustees will start seeking reappointment. Not all Trustees have the same opinion on the situation now, so I don't think that will change, regardless of the outcome.

No worries CS. Many made the decision (rightly IMO) after the second CoS verdict not to seek re-appointment.
Go to Top of Page

Captain Sensible
Regular Contributor

24 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2018 :  11:44:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They did, and it's unlikely that those ones will change their mind even if Mond wins. Although it'll be interesting to see whether or not the banks who paid out to the former debtors are told to pay out again to the Trustees. Or if the Trustees are told to seek reappointment before the money is paid. Such a complex situation, with so many different things to think about. So it's no wonder why it's taking the Supreme Court months to make a decision!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.