Trust Deed Forum - Working abroad while in a trust deed.
Trust-Deed.co.uk
Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Working abroad while in a trust deed.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Caleach19
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2019 :  17:11:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iíve recently been given an opportunity to teach English abroad in south east Asia for a few months. Will I be inhibited in any way from doing so even though I plan to continue making payments?

CMitchell

Swandog
Advanced Contributor

161 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2019 :  17:28:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Caleach19 and welcome to the forum.

That sounds like an absolutely fantastic opportunity.

Providing you can at the least still maintain the agreed payment per month then I canít see any issues.

Speak with your Trustee, advise them about the change in circumstances and that they may need to communicate via email.

If your income will change and you are earning more money then they will need to review this along with your expenditure. You wonít really have an idea of all of that until you are over there.

Plenty of people will move abroad for work and as long as you keep the payments up and your Trustee informed it should be fine.

How are you feeling about moving to south east Asia?
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12834 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2019 :  17:38:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Caleach19.

Good advice from Swandog here already. There's nothing to prevent you from moving away.

Your payment will still be based upon affordability though, and it's very likely that this calculation will change.

You'll want to be sure that you'll still be in a position to make the agreed payment, and be ready to make an increased payment if that becomes affordable as a result of the change in your circumstances.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Caleach19
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2019 :  17:47:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Iíll likely be making the same amount of money or less (although itís a cheaper living situation) but Iíll have a conversation with my trustee about it.

Iím excited about the challenge and opportunity, Iím hoping if all goes well I can extend my stay but weíll see.

Thank you for athe answers, itís put my mind at ease.

CMitchell
Go to Top of Page

Swandog
Advanced Contributor

161 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2019 :  13:08:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That all sounds ok.

Good luck with the move. I hope it all works out for you and you can extend the stay.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.