Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Itís done!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iwant2bfree
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2019 :  10:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am delighted to say that I have made my final payment to my TD. Its been a long 5 years but I have to say itís the best decision I could have made. My debts were crippling - £48000!!! Iím embarrassed to admit that I let it get so out of hand but Iím sure many of the forum users will understand how these things happen. Anyway, I would like to thank everyone for their invaluable advice on this forum, itís been a real life line for me. My best advice to anyone considering a TD is take it very seriously and make sure you make your payments every month. If you are struggling then please keep in touch with your trustee to let them know your circumstances. I have been very lucky with my TD, itís has went very smoothly. I sought advice from the experts on this forum and signed up with one of them after a full and thorough review of my circumstances. The TD got sold to creditfix not long after I started and I had a sense of panic that it was all going to go wrong. There were a few topics with other people having the same concerns but I have to say I have not had one single problem with creditfix. They have been very professional handling my case and their closure team are sending me my paperwork this week to finalise the TD. As long as you make all your payments, you will come out the other side just fine. This has been a good 5 years where Iíve learned to budget myself properly, using only money I physically have and not using credit. This has put me on the right path and Iím finally in a position to make improvements to my house and start saving etc. I remember reading posts like this when I first signed my TD in 2014 and thinking will I ever get there and Iím here to tell you that I have. Iím so so happy and want to let you know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck everyone and thank you so much to all the experts here for their invaluable advice

np785641d
Frequent Contributor

35 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2019 :  11:16:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brilliant news, I hope to be doing the same late March, Please keep in touch regarding timelines for final payment to receiving form 5.
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12744 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2019 :  15:46:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations to you iwant2bfree. Might be time to edit your username to iamfree?

We appreciate your kind comments about this site.

Your advice to others about maintaining communication with your trustee is excellent. I'm also glad to read that you feel that the trust deed has helped you to find ways to deal with money more positively in the future.

This time of year, in particular, there are a lot of people reading the forum and trying to figure out what to do about debts that are causing them worry and problems. Hopefully your post helps to make it "visual" that they really can take steps to fix the situation.

Very best wishes for the future. You'll be very welcome if you ever want to share the benefit of your experience with others that visit the forum.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3648 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2019 :  16:37:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's made my day, iwant2bfree. Huge congratulations. It must feel great to be able to make plans now as to what you will do with the money you will no longer be paying out for your debts each month!

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

iwant2bfree
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2019 :  19:54:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks TDA and Kevin. It is a great feeling and yes it probably is time to change my user name to iamfree. np785641d, I will keep you updated on the discharge timescales. Hopefully wonít be long. I was advised the whole closure process would take about 2 months.
Go to Top of Page

iwant2bfree
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 17 January 2019 :  22:09:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Form 5 received today #128512;
Go to Top of Page

np785641d
Frequent Contributor

35 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2019 :  09:20:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was quick, Was that only a week or 2 ? Well Done you !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.