Repairing Credit File
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Commando1
Regular Contributor

22 Posts

Posted - 09 January 2019 :  13:11:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

I was discharged from my Trust Deed in October 2018 and wish to have my Credit Report updated to reflect that the debt has been satisfied.

Could anybody provide me the template letter that theyíve used to contact creditors to update my file?

On another note my deed ran smoothly thankfully!
The forum has been invaluable over the last 4 years for information and support and I wish you all the best for the future.

Thanks

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12744 Posts

Posted - 09 January 2019 :  14:54:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad everything went smoothly Commando1. Thanks for your kind words about the site.

As you probably know, the site itself doesn't host template letters, but hopefully someone can share something that has worked for them.

You don't need to write by the way. For example, if you wanted to complain about a failure to update your credit record (which you are entitled to do) you could call instead. This can be quicker and easier.

Some people have reported compensation payments being made where their credit file was not updated appropriately prior to their complaint.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Commando1
Regular Contributor

22 Posts

Posted - 09 January 2019 :  16:52:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks TDA.

Iím sure that a poster mentioned a while back that Capital One were quite tricky to deal with when phoning.

Iím sure someone will be along that has dealt with them.

I will start making the calls this week as I do want my file sorted quickly.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.