Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Partners income
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

K1991

4 Posts

Posted - 05 January 2019 :  00:59:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I entered a TD back in May/June of this year and just had my review not too long ago however (and Iím probably worrying over nothing which I usually do) since me and my partner, now husband, have lived together (over two years) he has paid in £1000 to my bank each month to cover his parts of bills and basically because heís no good with money and would rather I split it, paid the bills then we were left with whatever is left as he would just splurge the whole lot a week into being paid. This has been the case for well over two years and was the case with my TD when I entered it and sent in bank statements etc and is the case at my review when I sent in bank statements etc however it has only just dawned on me one day as I was thinking about my TD that this could be seen as quite an amount being put in each month. Basically Iím just worried this may come back to bite me? I honestly canít temeber whether it was spoken about with the trustee however it was there on each bank statements, each month so I would have thought if there were anything to be said that it would have been brought up by now? Just want to keep myself right!

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12744 Posts

Posted - 05 January 2019 :  07:49:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum K1991.

I canít see this causing an issue for you. Couples have many different ways of managing their money and bills, something that debt advisers see all of the time.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3648 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2019 :  09:08:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi K1991. As long as the funds can be accounted for in terms of your husband's contribution to the household bills, then I don't see why this should cause any problems. The only way an issue would arise would be if the situation wasn't taken into account properly in the first place (eg the trustee is unaware that your husband is also paying towards the household bills).

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.