Trust Deed Forum - In final year of trust deed.
Trust-Deed.co.uk
Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 In final year of trust deed.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Claraaaron1383
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2018 :  10:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there.

Im currently in my final year of trust deed hard to believe i started it nearly 4years ago. It was daunting at first but best desicion ive made to help my debt. My son was only 6mths at the time who now is starting school this year, its a good feeling kmowing my trust deed is nearly coming to an end.
What happens nearer the time its due to finish? What forms should i expect to receive?

Many thanks
Claire hutton

Claire hutton

Swandog
Contributor

10 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2018 :  15:18:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Claire on reaching this point in your Trust Deed journey. I’m sure with your son starting school this year the extra money will come in handy once you have finished all of your payments.

Many people say that at the beginning of their Trust Deed it’s daunting experience and 4 years can seem like a long way off but actually it can pass quite quickly as you’ve experienced.

I’d suggest getting in touch with your Trustee around 2-3 months from the end of your payments to let them know you are coming to the end and what happens next. Normally upon your final payment being paid to the Trust Deed within a couple of months you will receive your official “Form 5 Certificate of Discharge”. This is your legal confirmation that you have successfully completed your Trust Deed and are now debt free.

It will still take a little longer for your credit rating to rebuild and repair itself. A good starting point is to take out a credit card and use this wisely and paid it off before you are charged interest. This will start to build up positive information on your credit file. The negative information i.e. the debts you have will fall off your credit file 6 years from the date of the default so you want to check this to make sure they are dated as close to the start of your Trust Deed as possible. A lot of useful information on the forum to help with this.

Is a Trust Deed something that you would recommend to people who may be financially struggling with debts?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.