Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Trust Deed closure
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Frank659

4 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2017 :  16:54:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I paid my final payment in April 17 and was told that closure would take approx 6 weeks. Despite frequent calls for an update, this still has not been resolved!
Can anyone advise if this is normal as I'd like to make a complaint

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12101 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2017 :  17:50:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Frank659.

Well done on completing your obligations in respect of this trust deed. I'm sorry to hear of this delay with your discharge.

It's difficult to say what normal is. Firm's aren't subject to a specific period of time during which this process should be completed. We hear of some firms getting this done in a few weeks, while others sometimes take much longer.

You are entirely free to make a complaint to the firm if you feel that this course of action is warranted.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Frank659

4 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2017 :  17:57:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply. I've been told since May that there was nothing causing any delay and that everything was in order and it would be completed within weeks. My wife final payment was February and she's not heard anything either?
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12101 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2017 :  18:43:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could understand why you would both feel frustrated.

Firms have to account to their regulators in respect of all complaints they receive.

You might find that the mere threat of a complaint is enough to bring your files up to the top of the pile of cases awaiting discharge.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Frank659

4 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2017 :  18:46:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2096 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2017 :  13:32:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank659,

We try to aim to discharge a client within 4-6 weeks from the date they make their final payment to the Trust Deed. I think waiting 8 months to receive your discharge is too long.

The best thing you can do is keep on top of your Trustee and chase up both of your discharges. Iím sure weekly phone calls about this will help to speed up the process.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page

Frank659

4 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2017 :  13:57:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks David. The threat of complaint today has resulted in the promise of discharge within a week.
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2096 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2017 :  14:28:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thatís good news Frank.

Keep on top of them and chase them up if you havenít received youíre From 5 by next Friday.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2017 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.