Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Trustee has left out creditors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Terrestrial1

6 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2017 :  19:11:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello!

So I'm a few months into my PTD and I keep getting calls from the same three creditors. All claiming to have received no contact from the company, you may have seen advertising on TV, who are acting as my trustee.

I called said company just there to inform them of this and it would appear that two of my creditors have not been included in my PTD. The poor call centre guy didn't know what to do and has asked me to take pictures of letters of debts owed and send on to their customer services. They never answer the emails and now I'm really starting to panic. I've made 4 payments to this PTD, and it would now appear I haven't paid these companies for 4 consecutive months with no proper reason.

Will the trustee be able to add these on? I am really starting to panic now. I feel like I made a bad decision going with this particular company.

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12078 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2017 :  19:22:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Terrestrial1.

No need to panic.

If these debts existed when your trust deed began they're automatically included.

One of the reasons the Register of Insolvencies exists is to notify creditors who might not have been notified directly. It's not your problem if they've inadvertently been left out and they haven't monitored this register.

Hopefully your trustee will get on with the necessary administrative procedures soon and keep you advised accordingly.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Terrestrial1

6 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2017 :  19:27:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks TDA.

So although they haven't been included they will still receive their share of the TD? I feel like I haven't been informed very much about how this entire process works apart from "pay this each month and soon it will all be over".

I'm going to try and find letters from both but I had the liberating experience of shredding the stacks of paperwork I kept. Now I'm regretting it.

Thanks TDA
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12078 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2017 :  09:36:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Terrestrial1.

They'll need to make a claim to get paid from your trust deed. This is why your trustee should be reaching out to them to invite that claim.

It's not your problem though - if no claim is made the debt is still written off when you get discharged.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3401 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2017 :  09:43:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Trust Deed assistant has said, there is no need for you to worry.
However, that is easy for us to say and less easy for you to do if you are still getting demands from these creditors.
You should keep on at your trustee firm until this is sorted out. It shouldn't be necessary but unfortunately I fear if you don't then the issue may continue.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2074 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2017 :  12:54:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Terrestrial1,

Just to echo what others have said try not to worry about the creditors as they should be included into your Trust Deed.

Keep on at your Trustee to resolve the issue and ensure that the creditors stop contacting you.

In an ideal scenario it should only take 1 or 2 letters from the Trustee for the creditors to update their system and stop contacting a client but it's not as easy as that.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2017 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.