Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 HELP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Monster1
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2017 :  10:03:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am on a truse deed, I have foolishly taken out further debts, these cards help build your credit rating apparently. Can my trust deed be revoked for this? Also, I had a managed back account that we left in January of this year as there was problems with it, we he went to a bank acount that was we had prevoiusly? Trust Deed want all bank statement for this acount from beginning of TD, is this allowed?

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12078 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2017 :  10:28:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Monster1.

Realistically, there's nothing much that you can do to improve your access to credit until a trust deed has been successfully completed. Taking on further credit before discharge is much more of an immediate risk than it is a potential benefit for the future.

There's no general rule preventing you from accessing credit while in a trust deed, so it seems unlikely that your trust deed would be cancelled as a result of this. However, your trustee will make no allowance for you to cover the payment of new debt, so you might begin to find it difficult to maintain the repayments and cover your other household bills and expenses in the future.

Your trustee is entitled to review statements from the bank accounts that you operate. If you don't comply, they can go to the banks directly to get them. You might also risk being deemed as failing to co-operate with your trustee, which could have serious consequences for you.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Monster1
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2017 :  10:37:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much, in the bank statements there is my mother in laws insurance money payment, we didnt declare this,I didnt think we had to, It was for just over £3000 and we had to pay for the flowers, purvey, debts of it etc. I am really worried they will see this and they will take my house.

Edited by - Monster1 on 17 May 2017 10:38:51
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12078 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2017 :  11:14:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Monster1.

I think the key to this is to be really honest and open about everything with your trustee.

If you have receipts and other documentation then all the better.

When you signed the trust deed you gave your trustee the obligation to make sure that your creditors were treated fairly, so they have no choice other than to look into lump sums that you have received.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2074 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2017 :  10:27:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Monster1,

Sorry to hear that you have found yourself in further debt.

The key here is to be honest with your Trustee and explain things to them.

As long as you can demonstrate that you didn’t financially benefit from the insurance funds and this all went to cover the funeral costs then there shouldn’t be an issue.

Speak with your Trustee and then let us know how this goes.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2017 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.