Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 defaults on credit report
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mickey00
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2019 :  15:02:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, I took out a trust deed in 2013 and was discharged Jun 2017. I'm a bit confused about what my credit file should be showing. I can see my Lloyd's and Halifax debts which were included in the TD under closed accounts with status as Satisfied and balance as 0. But when i click in the Status History I can see red circles that say DF from May 2013 through to July 2017 and then it says PS on Aug 2017, which I assume means partially satisfied. Will these DFs fall off when the trust deed falls off my report in a few months, or will the last DF be there for 6 years after Jul 2017?

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12834 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2019 :  15:11:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome mickey00.

Don't worry about the status history.

Look instead for the date the formal default notice on each account was issued. Each account will fall off your credit report six years after that initial formal default notice was issue.

They should not have been dated after your trust deed began.

More detail here: https://www.trust-deed.co.uk/news/defaultnoticesandyourtrustdeed.php

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

mickey00
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2019 :  17:55:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you for putting my mind to rest. the date of default is recorded as May 2013.
Go to Top of Page

Garydonna
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2019 :  22:31:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone think that RBS will finally pay out on PPI payments? I know that they are appealing the latest judgement, but surely after losing in the Supreme Court it will cost them even more money in the long run.

Edited by - Garydonna on 08 January 2019 22:32:16
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12834 Posts

Posted - 09 January 2019 :  09:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nobody knows, Garydonna.

Your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.