New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  12:29:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bet they all do same. Admin fee shocking really for keeping your own cash then giving it back 6 months later
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12803 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  12:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you going to accept this?

I'd be challenging it, though I'd understand someone might choose to go along with it if they wanted the money quickly.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

sophie
Frequent Contributor

28 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  12:45:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Wildchild
I would complain to them and if they dont give you your money back take them to the FOS. It will cost them £550.00 win or lose. I don't think it would be worth it if everyone that was having money deducted for admin fees went to the FOS. Are they prepared to lose £550.00 for every FOS complaint?
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12803 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  12:50:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi sophie.

FOS does not cover insolvency practitioners.

You'd complain to the trustee, then the professional body they belong to.

You also have the opportunity to challenge this legally if it came to it.

Also - financial firms covered by FOS do not necessarily pay this money for every case. A number of FOS complaints are covered by the levy the firm pays - they pay for cases in excess of this included total.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    

Edited by - TDA (Debt Adviser) on 19 November 2018 12:53:28
Go to Top of Page

sophie
Frequent Contributor

28 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  12:52:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

Sorry for that.
Does the professional body not look at complaints in the same way as the FOS?
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12803 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  12:56:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi sophie.

The professional bodies are primarily concerned about their members meeting professional standards and avoiding damage to the reputation of their profession (in my view). They do of course want individuals to be treated fairly as part of the above priorities.

In my mind FOS is much more customer-focussed.

If you speak to insolvency practitioners they will tell you that they are very mindful of the powers that their professional bodies have though.

Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  13:06:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I have now banked the cheque I will probably have to let it go as letter says encahsment of cheque will constitute evidence of safe receipt and acceptance of the matter
Go to Top of Page

head-just-above-water
Advanced Contributor

52 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  13:56:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say it depends on the percentage they took if it was 3k and they took 300 That's 10percent which looks high but if it's 30k it's only 1percent but at then end of the day it up to yourself is the extra 300 worth the hassle.
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  15:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Decided to draw a line under it .. but would be interesting to see how everyone elseís payments go if their is deductions.
Go to Top of Page

tinsoldier
Advanced Contributor

732 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  15:21:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So they are charging you a few for unlawfully holding onto your funds?

Nice work if you can get it.
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  15:40:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tin am fed up arguing. Over it now didnít expect any payment so gonna take it and run but hopefully they get found out all the ones doing it if itís wrong
Go to Top of Page

sophie
Frequent Contributor

28 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  15:48:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cant understand why there professional body is not informing them to release all money they have collected without charging an admin fee. i get the feeling they can do what ever they want. There must be rules.
Go to Top of Page

Turbobhoy
Advanced Contributor

86 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  17:24:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny how they are charging you for keeping your money yet no word from trustees on lost interest if money had been in your own savings account
Go to Top of Page

Gleith
Advanced Contributor

259 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  18:34:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My ex trustees have written to me to say they will be taking off their legal fees and outlays off the 13 thousand they have from my PPI . When they e mailed me to inform me, there was no figure yet they expected me to accept. Still waiting to hear back from them after challenging them. They said would be in touch this week. Canít understand why I should have to pay their legal fees. Again it depends how much as just want a line drawn under this. Gone on too long.
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3675 Posts

Posted - 20 November 2018 :  20:56:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let us know when you hear more will you, Gleith?

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.