164 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2018 :  13:07:45  Show Profile
So what does ppi belong to debtor mean then
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2018 :  13:10:41  Show Profile
Basically back to square one then. Ppi no one knows that to do with it. Judge clearly said belongs to former debtor canít think why there would be any more to say. I am not expecting one penny of this ppi but will often wonder who does getnit as defo doesnít belong to a closed trust deed or former trustee
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12744 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2018 :  13:14:40  Show Profile
That's incorrect.

Other parties will consider this outcome and, potentially, determine that the principle established means that they should relinquish any potential interest in the money involved.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2018 :  13:17:51  Show Profile
Ok thanks not
So bad then. .. hard to understand sometimes
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12744 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2018 :  13:21:05  Show Profile
It is tough to understand.

I think what everyone needs to understand is that the judgment has only just been made and people will need a little time to figure out where to take things from here.

This does not detract from the judgment having been exactly what pretty much everyone involved in this thread was hoping for.

If you think that this money should be coming to you, it's been an exceptionally good week so far.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

sophie
Frequent Contributor

27 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2018 :  13:29:11  Show Profile
As far as i'm concerned i have completed my end of the trustdeed. I have been discharged and the trustee has been discharged so i'am not legally in a trustdeed. The trustee cant claim for PPI because there is no trusdeed open for them to claim any money or they would have. Mond tried to go in the back door and get a ppi management company to deal with it as he has used them in the past. PPI claim management companies can claim for PPI if they have your consent. The law this now from what i understand is i'm entitled to any PPI if both parties have been discharged. I will be contacting Mond next week ref what money he has in the way of PPI and requsting the money be sent to me.
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2018 :  15:02:54  Show Profile
I contacted mine but not straight answer just it will be dealt with appropriately ?
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2018 :  15:19:16  Show Profile
I contacted mine but not straight answer just it will be dealt with appropriately ?
Go to Top of Page

amorphous
Advanced Contributor

124 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2018 :  17:35:24  Show Profile
https://www.scottishlegal.com/article/cat-maclean-trustee-decision-on-distribution-a-done-deed

Interesting reading. What exactly is a 'reduction'????
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3648 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2018 :  17:45:40  Show Profile
I'm not a qualified solicitor, but as I understand it a reduction is basically an action to annul a legal contract/transaction.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

tinsoldier
Advanced Contributor

730 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2018 :  17:48:18  Show Profile
From my experience:

My former trustee took the view after the Court of Session verdict in July 2016 that they were taking no further interest in PPI after both trustee and debtor discharge. They took the view that a further court case would most likely concur with the 2 previous.

I would be very, very surprised if after a Supreme Court verdict, trustee firms would still try to re-open closed deeds where the above circumstances apply (all discharged).
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2018 :  17:57:22  Show Profile
So this reduction. Means. Judge verdict not worh paper its written
Go to Top of Page

maverick267
Advanced Contributor

137 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2018 :  17:57:44  Show Profile
to be honest my ppi was when I was in trust deed as I had a mortgage with nvram. as they have said as you were in trust deed at the time any ppi has to goto trustee, I did ask trustee and they said not interested in ppi we are happy you have completed your obligation.
however nvram have said you still will get nothing not much I can do then?
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2018 :  18:24:02  Show Profile
Re this action. To anual
Surely in meantime they would have to release funds they. Havenít been entitled to keep
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2018 :  18:33:16  Show Profile
Re this action. To anual
Surely in meantime they would have to release funds they. Havenít been entitled to keep
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.