New Topic  Topic Locked
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

37 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2018 :  22:07:09  Show Profile
Here's a weird thing,I contacted RBS for a full SAR request due to lack of full off set clarification from them, initially told be send within 30 days. No SAR received called today to be told SAR request on system but having trouble gaining any data for me, this is weird considering full off set done last month.dont add up to me
Go to Top of Page

contoboy
Frequent Contributor

34 Posts

Posted - 08 December 2018 :  20:22:13  Show Profile
I think RBS are fobbing a lot of people off because they havenít a clue what they are doing.
Go to Top of Page

HighFive
Frequent Contributor

38 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2018 :  07:59:28  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by sophie[/i]
[br]Hi, who did you make the complaint to and how did you do it?

Theyíre called The Insolvency Service and are a Govt body. Everything is online. I should point out that my grievance was because the Trustee tried to offset the cheque against fees they said they were due so nothing was going to the creditors. I didnít complain simply because they weee taking their time giving me the money
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

37 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2018 :  17:40:17  Show Profile
Received letter today from RBS following complaint about off set.
States there are awaiting a hearing inner house of Session in first half of 2019 and depending on decision may go to supreme court.
It's a joke it's about time rbs just pay up
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12744 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2018 :  17:56:45  Show Profile
Bear in mind that you cannot automatically take a case to the Supreme Court.

Your case has to be accepted. This is what they say on their website:

"Many appellants who apply to the Supreme Court are disappointed if permission to appeal is not granted. The test which the Court applies is, however, a strict one. Permission to appeal is only granted for applications that, in the opinion of the Justices, raise an arguable point of law of general public importance which ought to be considered by the Supreme Court at that time, bearing in mind that the matter will already have been the subject of judicial decision and may have already been reviewed on appeal."

If RBS intends to return to Court, you'd assume that their legal advice is that their case is arguable and potentially winnable?

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

amorphous
Advanced Contributor

124 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2018 :  19:54:31  Show Profile
Anybody know what the RBS case is?
Are they appealing the Donnelly verdict from a few years ago, or is this something else?
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

37 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2018 :  20:55:04  Show Profile
Not sure what case but their letter states a inner house of Sessions to be heard first half of 2019.
I've contacted a solicitor to see if they know about this
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12744 Posts

Posted - 11 December 2018 :  09:11:15  Show Profile
Hi amorphous,

We had sight of a letter from RBS in 2014 summarising their legal argument at the time. We've written about that at:

https://www.trust-deed.co.uk/news/rbsandppiclaimsaftertrustdeeds.php

We don't know if that position has changed or developed since then.

My understanding is that an appeal (if it happened) would be on the Donnelly verdict or perhaps on the principle that arose from that verdict in respect of a different case. This is mostly supposition though, we don't know any of this for sure.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

37 Posts

Posted - 11 December 2018 :  12:26:55  Show Profile
Quick update about letter I received yesterday, it appears RBS had made an appeal on the Donnelly v RBS case, however the appeal was sisted pending outcome of Mond case.
RBS now intend to appeal Donnelly case to the Inner House of Sessions first half of 2019 and have hinted that even if there lose appeal then will consider taking it to the supreme courts, so looks like a long wait guys.
On a brighter note the letter ends by stating that if after all that there still lose there will then arrange the ppi monies to be issued to my trustee (he has already stated he has no interest) so Im expecting the monies to be issued directly to me if it all goes in our favour.
Go to Top of Page

contoboy
Frequent Contributor

34 Posts

Posted - 11 December 2018 :  14:47:20  Show Profile
Canít understand why they would issue the money to your ex trustee Gaz. Mond lost the case so no money should go to trustees
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

37 Posts

Posted - 11 December 2018 :  18:30:33  Show Profile
That's what I thought Contoboy, so i contacted my ex trustees today to get a letter confirming he has no interest. I'm going to send RBS it with strong message that money will be sent to me if and when the time comes.
However surely RBS will Lose and we will all get our money
Go to Top of Page

Angibabes

4 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2018 :  18:04:40  Show Profile
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from RBs?
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

37 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2018 :  19:14:14  Show Profile
Yeah I got letter this week stating there will not overturn their decision and that there are awaiting a decision on an appeal at inner house court of Sessions.
Go to Top of Page

Sazlil@hotmail.co.uk
Contributor

11 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2018 :  10:26:52  Show Profile
Hi,just received letters from RBS, they are keeping my PPI or off setting it ,any advice on what I should do next please?

Sarah Bakani
Go to Top of Page

Sazlil@hotmail.co.uk
Contributor

11 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2018 :  11:34:31  Show Profile
I have just phoned RBS and put a complaint In,just need to wait now.

Sarah Bakani
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.