Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 inhibition
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

weemeee
Frequent Contributor

27 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2018 :  22:40:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, can an inhibition be recalled before a form 5 discharge has been issued ? I am awaiting my long and drawn out discharge but have received a letter from my trustee saying that as i paid an abandonment fee, they would have no interest in any equity from the sale of my house. Iím thinking that if there is no interest in my property then possibly the inhibition could be recalled anyway.

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3613 Posts

Posted - 02 July 2018 :  09:58:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is possible, but wouldn't usually be done as the inhibition doesn't just cover that particular property, it covers any property that you might own. It is therefore basically a failsafe for trustees in case you own a property that you have not declared to them.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

weemeee
Frequent Contributor

27 Posts

Posted - 03 July 2018 :  08:52:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for your reply Kevin. iím going to contact my trustee to ask if they can do this whilst waiting on my form 5 discharge. for the last two or three weeks my case has supposedly been with my trustee just waiting to be signed off although it just seems as if they are fobbing me off
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.