Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Property abandonment fee
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chillypink
Frequent Contributor

49 Posts

Posted - 04 June 2018 :  15:50:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi my property is sold and my solicitor asked if we have had a TD I advised yes and that we both have our form 5 through and also we paid the 500 each property abandonment fee. My husband has his form 6 but mines is delayed at present but should be with me in the next month or so. I assume that I can sell my property since I'm discharged and paid the fee. I just don't want to get all the way to the end of this and there is an issue.

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12573 Posts

Posted - 04 June 2018 :  16:34:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chillypink.

So we think most firms would take no issue with this after you have been discharged (but before the trustee is discharged).

We have, I'm afraid, heard about one or two firms that take a stance that they retain an interest in a sale until they are also discharged.

I think you should contact your former trustee to see what they say.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Chillypink
Frequent Contributor

49 Posts

Posted - 04 June 2018 :  19:09:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks TDA, I read the AIB stance and it seems they say they can't after you are discharged and have your form 5 and pay the fee. I've contacted them just to check.
Go to Top of Page

weemeee
Frequent Contributor

27 Posts

Posted - 04 June 2018 :  20:59:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chillypink, where did you read the AIB stance regarding only needing a form 5 discharge providing the abandonment fee has been paid ?
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12573 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2018 :  09:02:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chillypink.

I'm not sure whether you're referring to speaking with the AIB or with your trustee.

We'd strongly suggest speaking with your trustee. We know that one or two firms are taking the position that they can take the equity (or block a sale) if they remain in office.

In each case we've seen here this has been sorted out OK in the end, but only after a lot of hassle and worry first. Whatever the AIB says, it may not stop this trouble when the trust deed is picked up by the solicitors just before the point of legal transfer.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Chillypink
Frequent Contributor

49 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2018 :  11:25:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I've spoken to my trustee and they have issued a letter confirming they have no hold over my property.
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12573 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2018 :  11:49:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really glad to hear that Chillypink.

I think most firms would do exactly the same, we've just heard about a couple doing otherwise.

Go to Top of Page

Sharon Toal
Trust Deed Expert

290 Posts

Posted - 11 June 2018 :  09:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great news.

Glad it all worked out!

Yes TDA - I have heard this before as well. Arguably if the trustee has accepted the 500 then they have relinquished their interest in the property. We have sought legal advice on this before and they are in agreement.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.