Trust Deed Forum - Obtaining account details from ex-trustee?
Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Obtaining account details from ex-trustee?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2018 :  12:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was in a trustdeed from 2006 up to 2009 for debts I had with mainly egg bank (loan and credit card).

I understand that there is still a big question mark over ppi on debts that were included in a trustdeed but I did recently contact egg to see if I had any entitlement to PPI compenstation. Unfortunately I have moved house in the last few years and I no longer have any details on my egg accounts. I wrote to barcleys in any case but they have got back to me to say they cannot find any accounts in my name and that they cannot investiage any further.

Would my old trustee still have my old account information and would I be within my rights to request this info from them? If so how would I go about this and if I did would it be opening a can of worms?

I previously avoided the whole ppi thing because I didn't want to make any trouble but I have since become disabled and money is very tight at the moment (not in any debt though I am happy to say!).

If anyone has any advice on this I'd be very grateful

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12746 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2018 :  09:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum ramona11.

Most banks have been paying out PPI claims connected to accounts that were included in now finished trust deeds. RBS is an exception.

Your trustee might have this information, but it's quite old so it's equally possible that they'll have permanently del#8203;eted it by now.

I'd move quickly as some firms are currently destroying a lot of old data ahead of the introduction of the new GDPR data protection laws on the 25th of this month.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Houston
Trust Deed Expert

38 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2018 :  12:30:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon Romona11

You could ask for a Subject Access Request for the trustee and are required to provide information promptly and in any event within 40 calendar days of receiving the request.

Given the length of time of you being discharged, it is highly likely the trustee will not have this information.

I would give your trustee a phone to see what they say.

Sarah is no longer posting in the forum.
Go to Top of Page

Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2018 :  20:48:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi TDA and Sarah,

I took your advice and spoke to my trustee on the phone and they were able to give me some account numbers so that was great. I will now see if my old accounts can be investigated.

I've heard that egg might say any money due is being used to off set my old debts but I might as well try.

Thank you both for your help!
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Toal
Trust Deed Expert

303 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2018 :  10:25:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Glad you got this sorted.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority., Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.