Trust Deed Forum - Charge on house still after discharge?
Trust-Deed.co.uk
Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Charge on house still after discharge?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Onestepforward
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2018 :  21:14:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just found out today after almost completing a secured loan that there is still a charge on our house. We made out last payment 21 months ago, have been formally discharged for 14 months, and between our repayments and the PPI they successfully claimed, our entire debt was actually paid back. Any ideas why? Contacted our trustee today whonsaidnthey haven't paid the creditors yet and it will be another 60 days. I don't get his the charge on the house can remain when the debt is clear?

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12291 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2018 :  15:41:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Onestepforward.

That must be really frustrating for you.

I think this should have been removed as part of the process of discharging you. Letís wait and see what Kevin or Sarah think when they next visit the forum.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3494 Posts

Posted - 16 April 2018 :  09:28:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Onestepforward. I presume you are referring to the inhibition which is registered against you when you enter a Protected Trust Deed.

Trust Deed Assistant is correct - this has to be removed as part of your discharge so should have been done already.

Are you sure the inhibition is still live? The fact that it was there does still show after it has been lifted, so is it possible that this is what has been seen? How did it come to light that the inhibition is still in place?

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Houston
Trust Deed Expert

18 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2018 :  09:02:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Onestepforward,
As TDA and Kevin have said this should be done as part of your discharge. I would phone your Trustee and check to see if this is still live, if it is ask for the inhibition to be removed as soon as possible however if it has already been done ask for a copy of your form 9 which is the notice of recall of an inhibition.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.