Keeping house/mortgage
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HELP_Stressed
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2018 :  22:06:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

Im really worried about loosing my home.

In about 50K of unsecured high interest debt. (CC plus personal loan)

Good annual secure salary

Have a mortgage , 215K (232K value) -

Everyone probably says this .... but with a decent interest rate and term, I'm sure I can claw things back. However, I doubt thats possible and I need to face facts.

My main concern is keeping my house and being able to get a mortgage again 10 years from now.
As well as keeping my situation separate from my wife.

Kind regards
Ian

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12549 Posts

Posted - 12 April 2018 :  09:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum HELP_Stressed.

I understand your point about how a reduced interest rate and/or extended term might help you to avoid any other type of action in respect of your debts. As you seem to be aware however, large unsecured loans with reasonable interest rates aren't readily available. It also doesn't seem as though there's enough equity in your home to consolidate all of the debt into a secured loan.

Could you please let us know whether your home is jointly owned?

When you mention keeping the situation separate from your wife are you referring to a possible debt solution that only involves you, or do you mean that you don't want your wife to be aware of this at all?

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3584 Posts

Posted - 12 April 2018 :  09:44:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there Ian - thanks for reaching out for advice.

I'm glad that you did, because there is a very good chance that you will have options available to you, based on the information you have given so far. I have personally dealt with countless individuals in a similar situation to yourself over the years and it is very rare that it hasn't been possible to organise an appropriate solution.

The amount of equity in your home, if your figures are correct, should mean that a solution such as a Protected Trust Deed may well be an effective solution for you, allowing you to get free of the debts within a reasonably short period of time but still keeping your home.
As long as the debts you refer to aren't joint with your wife then there shouldn't be any reason why she would need to be involved in this either.

There may be other options too, such as the Debt Arrangement Scheme, but we'd really need more information about your circumstances before we could give you meaningful advice. Either myself or the other expert on the forum, Sarah, would be happy to look at your situation in more detail for you if you wish.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    

Edited by - Kevin Mapstone on 12 April 2018 09:47:18
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.