All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

13 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2018 :  17:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys

I am in a proctected trust deed since the end of January 2018.

All of my creditors have updated their files except for who keep adding interest and charges.

I contacted them by email and they replied saying they rejected the proposal. I contacted them again and advised that they still have to abide by the terms and conditions of the deed and they ignored me.

I contacted them a 3rd time and they replied saying I need to write to them.

Has anyone else had problems with them updating their files? Should I just ignore the fact they keep adding charges or should I tell my Trustee to contact them again?

Thanks for your time

Frequent Contributor

27 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2018 :  17:25:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi JackieMcR I would contact your Trustee as if this was agreed originally I don't think they can go back on an agreement (might be wrong) The Trustee should be dealing with any debt that was put under your Trust deed
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12245 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2018 :  09:02:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi JackieMcR.

No need for you to worry about any of this. can 'add' interest and charges to your account on the statements they provide to you, but they're only kidding themselves.

I think asking your trustee to address this would be a good idea, but as mentioned above please don't allow this to cause you further concern. It simply seems as though Very haven't updated their records properly at this stage (which poses no risk to you).

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

13 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2018 :  11:51:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you both for getting back to me.

I contacted my trustee to contact them again but I will also ignore Very from now on.

Many thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority., Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.