Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Credit report - defaults
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pedy

6 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2018 :  17:52:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

Im after a bit of advice, i received a letter a few weeks ago stating that I have now been discharged from my trust deed (finally!) Payments finished almost a year ago and after a few phonecalls I now have it in writing. I checked my credit report with noddle & it appears that a few of the lenders have marked a default every month on my file since my TD was protected. Another has also marked 'late payment' every month. Is this right?

delpy8
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2018 :  13:28:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Pedy yip this is correct it will take a while for the credit file to show them has settled or satisfied, Im using Clearscore and Noddle and Totalmoney to keep track of my accounts,all but one are settled, I gave some of the stragglers a copy of my form 5 to try and speed up the settlement and that helped
cheers

Edited by - delpy8 on 24 February 2018 13:34:35
Go to Top of Page

Pedy

6 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2018 :  16:35:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers, so even during the full td they will mark default on file. Also been receiving default letters in mail from santander every 6 months
Go to Top of Page

delpy8
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2018 :  17:21:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Pedy, I would let the guys who are dealing with the trust deed know about the debt letters and they will contact Santander, I got debt letters from various and was told to ignore them as they are covered by your TD, its not an easy process as it seems things don't follow in the correct order but eventually you will see things fall off your credit report but it does take a long time
Go to Top of Page

Pedy

6 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2018 :  10:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12536 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2018 :  08:52:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Pedy.

Creditors can mark accounts as being "late payment" or "default" status during a trust deed as far as I know - these both seem to be an accurate update on the status of the account.

This article might be useful with regard to default notices after you've been discharged from your trust deed:

https://www.trust-deed.co.uk/news/defaultnoticesandyourtrustdeed.php

They should be marked as being satisfied or partially satisfied. The balances should be set to zero.

The reality is however that some creditors don't do this efficiently, so you may have to give them a nudge (or a firm shove) if you want your credit file to be properly updated.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Pedy

6 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2018 :  16:16:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks tda, appreciate reply. Will have a read of article
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.