Default dates
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TD2013
Contributor

11 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2018 :  14:36:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi.

I regulary check my credit file to see if there is any changes since making my last payment back in October and thankfully my score goes up month by month. According to my closure team advisor discharge papers should come by the end of this month. Just have couple of questions: should default date be showing as the date I have signed TD or when it became protected? Also if I signed TD in Dec 2013 and then there was a debt added in Aug 2014(HP documents were an issue) should a default of the extra amonut be Dec 2013 or Aug 2014?

Many thanks

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12195 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2018 :  14:54:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi TD2013.

We've never had a definitive answer to the question about signing date versus protection date. My personal view is that the answer should be the signing date because the signing individual became committed at that point in time.

I believe the same date will apply to the debt that was later discovered. Even though it wasn't on the original creditor list, any qualifying debt is automatically included at that point in time.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

TD2013
Contributor

11 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2018 :  17:45:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your reply TDA. Just wanted to be sure what to write when I start approaching creditors once I get my discharge Certificate.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.