Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Welcoming Sarah Houston
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12364 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2018 :  10:45:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A quick post to introduce Sarah Houston to this forum.

Sarah works at Wylie and Bisset and is taking over the reins here from David Tannock.

Welcome aboard Sarah!

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    

Sarah Houston
Trust Deed Expert

38 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2018 :  11:32:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks TDA,

I am happy to be on board, having followed the forum for some time, I am excited about taking over the reins from David, as the Wylie and Bisset Expert.
I am looking forward to offering my assistance and providing helpful advice in the near future.

Regards,

Sarah

Sarah is no longer posting in the Trust-Deed.co.uk forum.
Go to Top of Page

Mandy75
Frequent Contributor

35 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2018 :  12:07:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can I ask if after a Trust Deed is completed should it take 11 months to receive discharge papers form 5?

AJ
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Houston
Trust Deed Expert

38 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2018 :  13:40:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mandy75,

Unfortunately there are no fixed timescales for processing discharges, some firms process their form 5's within a couple of weeks of you meeting all your obligations and some take longer.
I would advise to contact your Trustee and ask why the process is taking so long.

Sarah is no longer posting in the Trust-Deed.co.uk forum.
Go to Top of Page

Mandy75
Frequent Contributor

35 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2018 :  13:47:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, have had response. The problem is we are 6 years post signing and completed, yet took further 11 months to discharge officially this is now impact8ng on a mortgage application. I have now had a confirmation email from them apologising for the delay and supporting my mortgage application do you think this will help? Thanks

AJ
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12364 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2018 :  14:22:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mandy75.

That will really come down to the policy of the lender for the product that you're applying for, and also to what extent the mortgage underwriter is empowered to exercise a bit of discretion given the circumstances you describe.

Fingers crossed for you.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3513 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2018 :  10:55:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Sarah, great to have you on board. I hope you find it as interesting and rewarding as I have done over the years!

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.