Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Ppi after Trust Deed is discharged
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Looloo123
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2018 :  09:45:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RBS are refusing to pay me ppi despite the Trust Deed being discharged in 2016. My understanding was that a precedent was set when Donnelly v RBS won her case in the Court of Session in 2017. Am I wrong? Can they legally do this ?

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12195 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2018 :  15:28:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Looloo123.

I'm afraid we not trained or regulated to provide legal advice to you. You'd need a solicitor for that (which might of course be very expensive).

We do know that this is the position that RBS has adopted and believe (though we may be wrong) that there might have to be more legal activity before a definitive position were reached.

In case you haven't seen it already, a summary of what we do currently understand is at:

https://www.trust-deed.co.uk/news/rbsandppiclaimsaftertrustdeeds.php

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Looloo123
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2018 :  17:18:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok thanks for your help.
Go to Top of Page

amorphous
Advanced Contributor

69 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2018 :  16:47:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just out of curiosity, what would likely happen if RBS lose all legal appeals on these cases? Would the debtor then be reimbursed the money used in offsetting?
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12195 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2018 :  16:57:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well... it's hard to see how they could retain the money if it became legally settled that there was nothing for them to offset it against I suppose.

Obviously this is just speculation though.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.