Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Another PPI Question After Discharge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NellieBuff

5 Posts

Posted - 09 January 2018 :  12:34:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I and my Trustee have been discharged for a while and we no longer show the Register (or at least I cannot find myself). The bank was looking into missold PPI and asked me to fill out a form on their website. I did so and promptly forgot about it. Turns out they are going to pay a settlement into my own bank account at the end of the month.

May I just check that my discharged trustee will not come after this money now.

Many thanks for your assistance.

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12692 Posts

Posted - 09 January 2018 :  12:43:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum NellieBuff.

Based upon what we know this seems unlikely currently.

For full reassurance however you'd need to check with your former trustee.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3625 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2018 :  09:07:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will see from the various posts on this forum that it can be a bit hit and miss. Some former trustees are still seeking to prevent such funds being paid out until a decision is made by the Supreme Court on this matter. There are also some banks offsetting payouts against the old debt (in particular RBS).

It sounds like you may be fortunate enough to have avoided these issues, so fingers crossed you should be a few quid better off at the end of the month!

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

NellieBuff

5 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2018 :  10:45:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you both for your responses - much appreciated. I avoid contacting my old Trustee if I possibly can. I do realise that Trust Deeds are a life saver for some folk but not for me I am afraid to say. My old Trustee caused issues and did not resolve them but we live and learn and life moves on.

Onwards and upwards (and possibly with some nice unexpected money in my bank account).
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12692 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2018 :  11:24:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fingers crossed for you NellieBuff.

I think that the odds are in your favour.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

NellieBuff

5 Posts

Posted - 17 January 2018 :  12:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The good news is the money is in the Bank (which is nice mid-January). Just for interest the bank did not uphold my claim for mis-sold PPI but made this payment as a good will gesture.

I have no intention of going mad but this will allow me to buy some new spectacles (I have to have very expensive lenses). Many thanks again for all advice.
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12692 Posts

Posted - 17 January 2018 :  13:05:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great NellieBuff.

I'm sure the money will come in handy at this time of year in particular.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.