New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

51 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2018 :  09:12:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update . Rbs ppi after trustdeed . Rbs phoned me in regards to there court case . There answer was all ppi money will be paid to customers if they lose the case . Letters will sent out in due course pending court case . I also asked if ppi claims held by there dmo department would be recalculated . This was confirmed . They also mentioned they are trying to speed things up .

Colin luke
Go to Top of Page

Bacardibill
Contributor

8 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2018 :  10:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re your note Luke360.............do you know if RBS were refering to the outcome of the MOND Supreme Court ruling or is it the Donnelly v RBS appeal when you say they are awaiting a court case response ? thank you
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

51 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2018 :  16:40:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I think rbs were referring to the Donnelly v rbs case . Strangest thing today 2 cheques in the post from rbs £4000. My hunch is rbs have fallped the case . Money could be on its way . There is know way this money should have been paid out to me . Something has gone down in my opinion .

Edited by - Luke4630 on 22 August 2018 16:46:42
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3675 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2018 :  18:29:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm. That's interesting! Would be good to know if anyone else out there is suddenly receiving cheques from RBS too...

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

head-just-above-water
Advanced Contributor

52 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2018 :  20:38:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anyone has seen my other post re rbs ppi they have offered settlement in full and final. I have agreed but only on the grounds that no set-off is applied. I will let you know if they send payments. I hope they do as karma is a b!@#h. So much for not having ppi.

Hjaw
Go to Top of Page

FormerBadDebtor

6 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2018 :  21:16:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, thanks for the updates, I received a letter today (no cheque) stating that the case is being appealed to the Supreme Court.

Itís asking for a letter from me plus a separate letter from my former Trustee agreeing who should receive payment?

Go to Top of Page

Bacardibill
Contributor

8 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2018 :  10:28:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those of us in dispute with RBS over "set off" I have my complaint currently with the Finacial Ombudsman on this process, I have a letter this morning from FO stating that RBS have made no changes to the current policy off setting off PPI payments against previous debt. the FO state RBS still await the outcome of the Mond case from the Supreme Court and this decisions will not be "handed down" or given until the first week of December 2018............the wait cotinues ..
Go to Top of Page

jojo93
Advanced Contributor

112 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2018 :  16:04:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was told by my trustee company that the decision on the mond case will not be known until October after reading the above thread does this mean we will not know the decision until December
Go to Top of Page

Bacardibill
Contributor

8 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2018 :  12:00:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes thats what I have in writing from the FO......Supreme Court rulings are not dealt with during August & September due to holiday shutdown, so there is always a huge backlog of cases when the court resumes business in October.
Go to Top of Page

jojo93
Advanced Contributor

112 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2018 :  16:07:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think on the bright side it might be a good Xmas for those on this forum waiting for answers fingers cross for an answer sooner hope those waiting will gets there money what a time this thing is taking hopefully this is the end of the road
Go to Top of Page

amorphous
Advanced Contributor

125 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2018 :  17:29:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update....another 3 long months to wait then :(
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

51 Posts

Posted - 18 September 2018 :  22:51:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gets my goat . Rbs offset rule . Rbs Looking very stupid know . you just sent me cheques total £4000 . Get you house in order . Playing bingo with people's money which they should be paying out .

Colin luke
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12803 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2018 :  09:15:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Luke4630.

They have been paying people where the PPI claim total was more than the debt written-off by the trust deed.

Is it possible that this has happened in your case?

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

lindalo56

5 Posts

Posted - 15 December 2018 :  10:33:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was in a Trust Deed with RBS, But during my Trust deed my ex paid off the RBS loan my ex contacted me a month ago to claim PPI from RBS my ex got her cheque within 6 weeks for claim RBS are holding onto mines they want me to contact Trustee . My Trustee no longer works for company so Trustee no longer interested in PPI sent everything back to RBS for payment gave them a week then called them got usual response we are dealing with claim we will let you know outcome soon but there is no timescale
Go to Top of Page

lindalo56

5 Posts

Posted - 15 December 2018 :  10:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
During my Trust Deed due to house sale I paid back 90% of money I owed. I have since found out that more than half of the money I paid during my Trust Deed was not claimed by whoever I was due ,

Dose the unclaimed money go to government .

Can my ex claim any of that money back for a loan she paid of in full which was in my Trust Deed .
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.