Mortgages after trust deed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

acidtooth
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2018 :  21:27:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, looking for some advice.

I was discharged from my trust deed in August 2015 and it's due to fall off my credit report in March 2018, along with the 3 credit cards I defaulted on that were part of the TD. The only other negative on my report is another credit card default from 2014 which has now been settled in full (I stupidly ran up this card while skint in my TD, not thinking about the consequences).

Credit report looks otherwise good, I now have 2 new credit cards, one which is no longer used (was a balance transfer offer) and my main one is paid off in full every month (I got this in 2015).

I've been living with my parents for the last 4.5 years while I sort myself out financially but really need to move out this year. Is there any chance I will get a mortgage?

From my research it looks like if I go to a subprime mortgage broker I may have to provide a 15-25% deposit and be 3 years post discharge. Has anyone had any luck with a 10% deposit? Can anyone recommend a broker for me? I've already enquired about Glasgow Credit Union mortgages as recommended on here but obviously they're shut for NY.

Just want to know what my options are, the max deposit I can save by the end of the year is 15% otherwise I'll be moving out earlier and renting instead!

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12536 Posts

Posted - 02 January 2018 :  08:48:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum acidtooth.

Our thoughts on this subject are summarized at:

https://www.trust-deed.co.uk/news/gettingamortgageafterascottishtrustdeed.php

To establish your options contacting a mortgage broker would be the best first step. You'd want to be completely open with them to ensure you have the best chance of finding a suitable and available product.

It might be best to leave that until your credit file is a little clearer in March/April.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

cal
Advanced Contributor

123 Posts

Posted - 05 January 2018 :  21:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a look at my last post
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.