How long does it take to reach PPI decision
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Valheru63
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2017 :  20:54:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I was discharged from PTD in April 2016 and my Trustee discharged in December 2017.
I made a PPI complaint to Bank of Scotland in August and was advised I would get decision in 6 weeks. Shortly thereafter, early September, I received a phone call from Bank of Scotland and after a few questions they advised I would have a decision in a few weeks. Interestingly, during this phone call they mentioned having received a letter from my Trustees representative in 2016 - which I can only assume they never replied to. I advised them I knew nothing about that.
Anyway, after 13 weeks I have still received no reply, no decision from Bank of Scotland. I queried this with them and they replied that they are still working on it and I will get a reply in due course. They give no reason for delay.
My question is ... is this time delay normal? Is there a legal time limit for reaching a decision?
Thanks for any advice you can give.

Valheru63
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2017 :  21:09:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My trustee was discharged in december 2016 ... apologies for error there
Go to Top of Page

amorphous
Advanced Contributor

64 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2017 :  21:35:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

The bank will likely be trying to get some sort of answer from you trustee as to whether they have an interest in the funds or not, hence the delay.
My experience is that the banks tell you absolutely nothing, and make it as hard as possible to get any info.

The whole PPI after trust deed situation is a shambles at the moment, pending a Supreme Court case due at the end of next year.
There are plenty of threads about it on here and its worth spending the time to read through them all and being aware of all the issues.

I'd recommend you speak with your ex trustee too, and try and get a straight answer out of them as to whether or not they have an interest in any PPI claims, either now or in the future.
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2096 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2017 :  10:19:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Vallheru63,

As amorphous has suggested it could be a delay with the bank speaking with your former Trustee regarding the funds.

You might need to consider submitting a formal complaint to the bank to progress things for you. Waiting since August does seem like a long time.

Let us know how you get on.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2017 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.