Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Creditorís demand of payment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ibmstyle
Advanced Contributor

59 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2017 :  15:41:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi my trust deed finished and i was discharged last month while my trustee was discharged on 21st nov but after that i got a bill from edf energy to pay my 4 years old bill which was included in my trust deed and should have been finished.i m surprised why edf is demanding for payment after trust deed ended.is it normal?what can i do about this?

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12101 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2017 :  09:29:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ibmstyle.

I'd imagine that EDF haven't brought their records up to date about your trust deed and your discharge.

If the debt was included in the trust deed you could simply choose to ignore them. They would not be able to enforce it.

If you'd rather get everything sorted out, you may need to contact them with proof of your trust deed and your recent discharge etc.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2096 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2017 :  12:09:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ibmstyle,

Itís probably just an automated letter which they have sent you.

As TDA has suggested I would contact them and provide them with a copy of your discharge certificate (Form 5) and request that they update the system. This should hopefully put an end to it.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page

ibmstyle
Advanced Contributor

59 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2017 :  19:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks i have contacted them and waiting for reply.one more question?will the default accounts shown on my credit file be removed automatically removed now or do i need to contact experian etc?when my credit file be clear
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2096 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2017 :  10:39:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The defaults on your credit file will remain on there for a period of 6 years from the start of your Trust Deed. You need to check your credit report to see what the date of the defaults are to ensure that they are as close to the start of your Trust Deed as possible.

Anything that needs changed on your credit report will need to be done by the lender. I would give it a couple of months and then check your credit report and if you need to change anything you will need to send a copy of your discharge certificate to the lender and ask them to update your report. You may need to be pretty persistent and chase them up.

Have a look on the forum for posts from firewalker. They are very informative and helpful and Iíve learned a lot from them.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2017 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.