Where to get advice?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amorphous
Advanced Contributor

64 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2017 :  12:22:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have posted in the past about how I recently received a large post TD PPI claim. It looks pretty in my bank account, but I'm too scared to do anything with it until Dooneen v Mond is resolved.
The more I read on the subject, the more confused I get!

I respect that nobody on here is either qualified or prepared to give out legal advice or opinions, but I wonder if anybody can point me in the right direction to get a few simple questions answered?

Everywhere I have tried online points me in the direction of the law centre (they are far too busy, and won't answer anything without opening a case!)or the CAB, who in turn, recommend the law centre!

Are there any scottish law forums, or preferably resources where I can seek email advice that anybody can recommend?
Alternatively, is there a reasonably priced law firm in the Glasgow area that anybody can recommend to answer a few simple questions, without having to go through the whole rigmarole of opening a case?

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2096 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2017 :  19:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What questions are you looking to ask?

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page

amorphous
Advanced Contributor

64 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2017 :  14:22:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi David,

Questions are mainly to do with what my rights are if Mond wins his appeal.
Big two are -
Can/will my trust deed be reopened?
Can Trustee/Bank recover money already paid to me?
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12101 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2017 :  09:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi amorphous.

I think you could potentially spend a lot of money getting two legal professionals to look at this for you, and then receive two completely different responses from them.

It's the utter lack of clarity about all of this that has led the case to the Supreme Court.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

amorphous
Advanced Contributor

64 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2017 :  10:17:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I guess I need to learn patience, ultimately the only opinion that counts is the supreme court.
Its a long wait, 9 months or so for the verdict, and maybe another year or so for the dust to settle if Mond wins.
Could be a real can of worms for some that have received and spent Ppi refunds in the meantime.
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2096 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2017 :  12:07:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As TDA has advised I think you will need to wait until the situation is resolved at the Supreme Court and we have some clarity. Until then I think that solicitors would just be giving you their opinion on the potential scenarios which could change with the outcome of the court case.

I know itís not ideal but we really just need to wait on the outcome of that unfortunately.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2017 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.