Mortgage Application
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jewels174
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2017 :  07:18:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I have been reading everyone's different experiences getting a mortgage after a trust deed in order I can apply for one with my partner. After a tense few weeks I have received a mortgage offer from Barclays. However, the worrying doesn't stop there... I read somewhere that although the necessary credit checks have been done at this stage, there may be checks done by the solicitor at completion stage. Just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar position and could clarify this for me, or let me know the next steps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. X

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12101 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2017 :  10:24:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jewels174.

The solicitor will likely do insolvency checks.

When did your trust deed start and end?

Were you asked about prior personal insolvencies as part of your application?

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Jewels174
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2017 :  11:30:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. My trust deed started approx. 2009/2010 and ended in September 2015 and I am no longer showing on AIB register. I was totally upfront to the Financial Advisor from all previous comments on the forum. The completion date for our house move is 8th Dec and now worried that this may hinder the house move. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3411 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2017 :  12:13:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the solicitor checks are just to ensure that you are not currently in an insolvency procedure so hopefully nothing for you to worry about.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

Jewels174
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2017 :  22:32:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kevin, so I take it they are only checking current, is that right?
Should I mention to the solicitor, as my partner has a flat that he is selling to help fund the deposit. Just scared that when his buyer concludes missives then we donít get knocked back at this stage and he now doesnít have a property? Sorry for all the questions, itís juat that we are supposed to move in next week #128561;
Go to Top of Page

tinsoldier
Advanced Contributor

680 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2017 :  19:04:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

It won't be the solicitor that will actually do the search, he/she will instruct a private search firm. The register of inhibitions will still show your trust deed, but it should also say that the inhibition has been recalled.

You will be perfectly fine.
Go to Top of Page

Jewels174
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2017 :  08:41:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your comment Tinsoldier, that's reassuring. We have been worried about this all week as due to move into the new house on Friday. We have got this far and worried that this will now cause an issue. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2096 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2017 :  12:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some good information and reassurance for you Jewels174 by tinsolider.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly, itís a quick week for you and you get the keys to your new house on Friday.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2017 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.