Oh Well.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonyd
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2017 :  14:16:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all.

Long time since I have posted here. I see there is still some of the helpful people from the last time I was here, which I am greatfull about.

As some of you may remember I finished my long running trust deed in 2014 after 9 years. I moved on, got on with life, credit score improved, working long hours but getting a reasonable wage until............ i suffered a sudden blackout at work while driving an HGV, causing me to crash into another vehicle. ( No injuries to myself or anyone else just property damage)

Anyway, as is correct, my HGV licence is to be revoked for at least a year and possibly permanently if the Drs cannot find a reason for the blackout. My employer has made it clear that there is no alternative work with them.

I now have a bank loan and credit card and because I will only be receiving statuary sick pay, i will have no way of servicing these debts. I have contacted my creditors about this. they advised me to contact something called Stepchange. However I have heard a couple of negative things about this so have decided to speak to the people I trust on here about this problem.

Currently all payments to my accounts have been on time and regular, however that is soon going to change.

I really wasn't expecting this to hit me as hard as it has.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated

Tony

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3401 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2017 :  15:00:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi tonyd. Sorry to hear about this problem - fingers crossed that it all works out OK for you.
I would suggest that you do speak to a free sector money adviser - whether that is someone from Stepchange or from a free local advice agency. They should hopefully be able to get a freeze applied to your debts (possibly in return for you making token payments) until your situation is clearer.
It may turn out that an insolvency procedure is necessary again, but that will probably depend on how much your debts are and how long your lower income looks like lasting.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2017 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.