Trust Deed Forum - What does form 5 mean?
Trust-Deed.co.uk
Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 What does form 5 mean?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iainvr4
Contributor

10 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2017 :  22:56:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completed my trust deed in January and received my form 5 a few months after but my trustee hasnít been discharged what does this mean I am thinking of selling my house and down sizing so there would be equity would this still be required to go to my trust deed and also what would happen if I came into some inheritance money? I does say on the form that I donít need to make any further contributions but Iím a bit confused?

Voice of Reason
Advanced Contributor

94 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2017 :  09:05:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Form 5 is your individual discharge from the Trust Deed so it is then that it was completed. Any inheritance acquired by you now would not be required to be remitted to the Trustee.

Likewise, for a Form 5 to be issued the Trustee has to remove any inhibition in place and as such there should be no issue in you downsizing.

Check with the trustee his/her estimated timescale for his discharge (Form 6) though. Assuming PPI investigations were completed it may be that this will be due imminently.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2017 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.