Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Bankruptcy/CCJ
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lydia 55
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2017 :  08:40:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am new to this although I have been reading the forum for handy tips for getting my credit score up after being discharged. I have been discharged for one whole month and decided to apply for a credit card to use solely for petrol and pay off each month to help my credit building . On applying for a credit card, the Aqua card, which a soft search said I was eligible for, is now saying it is not for people, who have been bankrupt or have had a CCJ in the past 12 months. Is a Trust deed classed as being under the Bankrupt/CCJ umbrella. Have I got to wait the full 6 years after my trust deed before applying. I have done 5 years. My spending pattern has changed and I only want to build my credit score, and fully intend to Pay off the balance every month. Sorry if this is a silly question.

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12078 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2017 :  11:03:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Lydia 55.

A trust deed is neither bankruptcy nor a CCJ.

However, trust deeds and bankruptcy are both types of personal insolvency. It might be that this credit card provider doesn't want to offer cards to people who are less than one year discharged from personal insolvency.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Lydia 55
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2017 :  11:32:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok Thank you. I will try another card provider.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2017 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.