Trust Deed Forum - Tax form
Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Tax form
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 03 August 2017 :  16:40:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I was discharged in April this year and I have just received a letter from the tax office. It is a p800 from 2012-2013. It says tax due over 1000. It also says that any income tax due will be included in any claim against the trust deed. What does this mean? Does it mean I owe this amount of tax? I'm not self employed and have always paid my tax through my employment.

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12472 Posts

Posted - 03 August 2017 :  18:36:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Jules_66.

If this debt existed at the time you signed your trust deed it will be included as a creditor in your trust deed. It sounds like HMRC know about the trust deed and are intending to submit a claims to your trustee.

If the debt arose after you signed your trust deed you'd still owe the money.

You should make your trustee aware and seek reassurance from them so that you know for sure where you stand.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority., Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.