Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Mortgage after trust deed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jock67
Contributor

10 Posts

Posted - 26 July 2017 :  13:59:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I have applied for my first joint mortgage with my wife after 6 years of entering a trust deed and been accepted in principle but I am now concerned that the basic bank account I have could cause an issue, has anyone experienced any problems with this before? Its a remortgage for property we already own in solely my wifes name but with a different lender, any advice on the process would be appreciated
Thanks
Jock

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12026 Posts

Posted - 26 July 2017 :  14:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi jock67.

What's your concern about having a basic bank account?

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

jock67
Contributor

10 Posts

Posted - 26 July 2017 :  14:19:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That it would count against me on the full mortgage application? Probably a bit over worried due to not being able to access credit for 6 years.. If they do a soft credit search what extra does a full one involve when doing the application?
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12026 Posts

Posted - 26 July 2017 :  14:22:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as I know jock67 a soft search doesn't leave a mark on your credit report whereas a full search will.

This can be important as too many recorded searches in a short period of time might make other lenders worry that you're being fraudulently targeted or that you're in financial trouble.

I can't imagine any mortgage lender will care much what type of bank account you have so long as a facility is in place to pay them.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

jock67
Contributor

10 Posts

Posted - 26 July 2017 :  14:45:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

tinsoldier
Advanced Contributor

674 Posts

Posted - 26 July 2017 :  23:18:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TDA is spot on - as long as you have the facility to repay it's not a problem
Go to Top of Page

solidstates

5 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2017 :  08:04:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by jock67[/i]
[br]Hi I have applied for my first joint mortgage with my wife after 6 years of entering a trust deed and been accepted in principle but I am now concerned that the basic bank account I have could cause an issue, has anyone experienced any problems with this before? Its a remortgage for property we already own in solely my wifes name but with a different lender, any advice on the process would be appreciated
Thanks
Jock

Excellent news you have been accepted on principle and good luck, hopefully all goes well.

Hope you don't mind me asking you a question. I to have just come out of a trust deed after 6 years. My discharge date was in February this year, my partner was April and we are applying for joint mortgage this week. Can I ask when your were discharged from your trust deed?

Go to Top of Page

jock67
Contributor

10 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2017 :  08:45:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My discharge was june, the mortgage broker checked my credit scores with all reference agencies and its much better with equifax than any others so they tried lenders who use equifax

Good luck
Go to Top of Page

elle28

4 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2017 :  14:55:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jock67,
congratulations on your mortgage so far. I have been discharged for a year and a half and I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of anyone who could give me some more information of guidance around mortgages. Those that I have spoken to have been unwilling to apply for a few more years. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Elle

Elle
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12026 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2017 :  15:13:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi elle28.

I can only remember one lender being discussed here recently that will consider an application for a mortgage one year after discharge from a personal insolvency.

For most their perception of risk remains too high at this stage. The longer after discharge it is, the longer track record an individual has of managing to avoid getting into financial difficulty again.

Go to Top of Page

jock67
Contributor

10 Posts

Posted - 10 August 2017 :  20:26:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, update is we now have an offer of mortgage and legal paperwork came through from solicitors today, attached was a questionnaire which asks if I have either of us have been declared bankrupt and to send copies of discharge if so then on last section it states ' you are certifying that you are not bankrupt and have never been involved in bankruptcy proceedings'. Has anyone come across this before and would the trust deed come under this?
Thanks
Jock
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3381 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2017 :  08:32:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whilst it could be argued that a Trust Deed isn't a bankruptcy as such, it is still an insolvency procedure and I think I'd probably make mention of it on the form just to cover yourself.
The lender will no doubt find out about your Trust Deed as part of the process so I think it is probably best just to be up front about it.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

jock67
Contributor

10 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2017 :  08:45:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I have done public searches and I am not on any register and was upfront with the mortgage broker in the first instance and she advised there was nothing on my credit file, might be best to call the solicitors?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2017 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.