Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Credit during td
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nikkifergie
Contributor

7 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  11:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. I have been in a trust deed for 9 months and done an eligibility check on a credit card. Long story short i now have a vanquis card 500 limit. Is this allowed? I am buying things on it (food, fuel etc) and paying it off within days. Trying to build good credit again. Defo not going to exceed or waste it.

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

11985 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  11:30:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Nikkifergie.

There is no general rule preventing you from using credit during your trust deed. However, your trustee may not welcome this development.

No provision will be made by your trustee to repay new debts, so the presence of this credit card (not least given that it will have a high interest rate) is at the very least quite risky.

What you're doing will not help you to get good credit access now. What will help you to access good credit in the future will be to complete your trust deed and then make responsible use of credit again afterwards.

Mainstream lenders will see you using a high cost credit source whilst insolvent. This is likely to achieve the very opposite to what you're hoping for.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Nikkifergie
Contributor

7 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  11:33:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok. Thanks. Will just close it down .

Nikki Ferguson
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

11985 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  11:49:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that's probably for the best Nikkifergie.

If you're ever hit with an unexpected expense you should speak with your trustee as it may be possible to reduce or suspend your trust deed payment temporarily.

Much better to do that than to incur a load of interest on a credit card for which you've been given no budget for repayment.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2017 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.