Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 default notices 4 years after discharge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rhu
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2017 :  11:14:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi need some advise I was discharged in early 2013 I have just delved into my credit report as I am wanting to finance a car. I have realised one of my creditors have been defaulting every month since I entered my trust deed in 2010. Am I correct that this shouldn't be happening???

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12078 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2017 :  11:53:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum rhu.

A default notice should have been issued at around the time your trust deed began.

This should have been marked as being satisfied or partially satisfied when you were discharged. The balance on the account should have been set to zero, meaning that you could not have monthly reporting of the account being in default thereafter.

You may wish to ask them to correct all of this, or to make a complaint to them that they have not done this when they should have.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

rhu
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2017 :  12:26:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info I shall get on to them.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2017 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.