Credit reports and credit ratings are very often discussed in our trust deed Scotland forum. Many Trust-Deed.co.uk visitors write that they want to understand their credit status. This may be to confirm who they owe money to (before starting a trust deed in Scotland), or perhaps to start planning how to rebuild their credit status after their debts have been dealt with.
We have worked with Experian to provide Trust-Deed.co.uk visitors with a free trial of the “Credit Expert” service. We selected Experian’s Credit Expert service because:
- Which? ranked it “Best Consumer Credit Report” in 2011.
- It offers expert advice and tools to help improve your credit rating.
- Weekly alerts of changes to your credit report.
- It was ranked top by Which? for “credit report accuracy”.
- The sign-up and cancellation procedures are described as being very good.
- It provides many addresses and contact details for lenders.
- They have assured us that your details will not be passed to other companies.
There is some further information that we would like you to know:
- It is possible to obtain a statutory copy of your credit report by post for £2. The relevant address details for the three main credit reference agencies can be found at the bottom of this webpage.
- We understand that Equifax and Callcredit also offer free trials of their services (see their websites for details).
- Credit Expert becomes a paid-for service once the free trial period has expired. If you do not want to use and pay for the service in the future, you will need to remember to cancel it.
- If you sign up to the trial via the link above a modest payment is made to Trust-Deed.co.uk.
- We cannot accept responsibility for the services provided by external parties. We therefore encourage you to confirm that the service is appropriate for your needs before signing-up.
Addresses for £2 Statutory Credit Reports
For additional details, or online requests for statutory credit reports, please visit the websites of the credit reference agencies listed below:
Experian: Customer Support Centre, Experian Ltd, PO Box 8000, Nottingham, NG80 7WF
Equifax: Equifax Ltd. Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 1140, Bradford, BD1 5US
Callcredit: Consumer Services, Callcredit Ltd, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ